Drizzle & Kaleido Truffle Box¶
This box gives you a boilerplate to get up and running quickly with Drizzle & Truffle on a Kaleido chain.
First ensure you are in a new and empty directory.
- Run the
npxand skip to step 3. This will install all necessary dependencies.
npx truffle unbox kaleido-io/drizzle-kaleido-box
- Alternatively, you can install Truffle globally and then run the
npm install -g truffle truffle unbox kaleido-io/drizzle-kaleido-box
- Run the development console. This will instantiate a local chain for you to test that Truffle is working properly.
- Ensure that you're able to both compile, test, and finally migrate your contracts to your local chain.
compile test migrate
- If everything looks good, you can exit the Truffle console with
Connect to Kaleido¶
In Kaleido, select the node you want to connect to, then choose
+ Connect Node.
Choose an application credential to use for this connection.
Truffle Suiteconnection type.
Copy the connection info from this panel into the respective variables inside of
truffle-config.js. If you are using Quorum in this environment, ensure to uncomment the
type: "quorum"property on your network object.
const appCred = 'yourappcred'; const connectionURL = 'nodeConnectionURL';
type: 'quorum' // Use this property for Quorum environments
- Migrate your contracts to your Kaleido chain!
Connect MetaMask to your Kaleido Chain¶
Networksswitcher in MetaMask, choose
New Networksection, and click
Advanced Options. Add the
MetaMask RPC URLfrom the connect panel, and give your network a nickname.
Start Your React App¶
/appdirectory and start the development server.
cd app && npm run start
The development server will open a browser at
Attempt to change the
SimpleStorage-- you should see the refresh icon until the transaction is confirmed, at which point the
SimpleStorageshould automatically update.