Truffle & Kaleido Truffle Box¶
This box gives you a boilerplate to get up and running quickly with Truffle on a Kaleido chain.
First ensure you are in a new and empty directory.
- Run the
npxand skip to step 3. This will install all necessary dependencies.
npx truffle unbox kaleido-io/truffle-kaleido-box
- Alternatively, you can install Truffle globally and then run the
npm install -g truffle truffle unbox kaleido-io/truffle-kaleido-box
- Run the development console. This will instantiate a local chain for you to test that Truffle is working properly.
- Ensure that you're able to both compile, test, and finally migrate your contracts to your local chain.
compile test migrate
- If everything looks good, you can exit the Truffle console with
Connect to Kaleido¶
In Kaleido, select the node you want to connect to, then choose
+ Connect Node.
Choose an application credential to use for this connection.
Truffle Suiteconnection type.
Copy the connection info from this panel into the respective variables inside of
truffle-config.js. If you are using Quorum in this environment, ensure to uncomment the
type: "quorum"property on your network object.
const appCred = 'yourappcred'; const connectionURL = 'nodeConnectionURL';
type: 'quorum' // Use this property for Quorum environments
- Migrate your contracts to your Kaleido chain!