Truffle & Kaleido Truffle Box¶
This box gives you a boilerplate to get up and running quickly with Truffle on a Kaleido chain.
First ensure you are in a new and empty directory. Choose one of the following options to download and install the Kaleido Truffle box
- In your preferred directory run the
npx. This will install all necessary dependencies.
npx truffle unbox kaleido-io/truffle-kaleido-box
- Alternatively, install Truffle globally and then run the
unboxcommand in your preferred directory.
npm install -g truffle truffle unbox kaleido-io/truffle-kaleido-box
Connect to Kaleido¶
In the Kaleido console, navigate to your environment, click on Security in the left hand navigation menu, then click on App Creds
Click New App Cred and give it a name and click Create. Do not close this window until we have completed the steps below
Navigate to where you downloaded the Kaleido Truffle Box in the section above. Open up the truffle-config.js file in your preferred IDE
Back in the Kaleido console, copy the JSON/RPC HTTP endpoint with valid App Creds that's generated in the right hand menu.
Paste this full URL into Line 9 where you see 'nodeConnectionURL'. Make sure to keep the URL that you insert inside quotation marks
If you are using Quorum in this environment, ensure to uncomment the
type: "quorum"property on your network object.
- Run the development console. This will instantiate a local chain for you to test that Truffle is working properly.
- Ensure that you're able to both compile, test, and finally migrate your contracts to your local chain.
compile test migrate
- If everything looks good, you can exit the Truffle console with